Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Three Important Questions Sellers Ask Their Agents


Looking to buy a Chicago home? Get a full Home Search
Selling your Chicago home? Get a free Home Price Evaluation

Today I want to discuss the three questions sellers ask when hiring a real estate agent. When I meet with sellers, there are usually three questions that come up the most. They are:

1. How much is my home worth?  
Fair market value is determined by who’s looking and who’s competing. Since that changes moment by moment, so does the value of your home. There’s no exact science for it.

2. How long is it going to take you to sell my home?
Price and motivation dictate when a home sells. Whenever a seller is highly motivated, the price is usually in line with fair market value, even sometimes below it.


Price and motivation dictate when a home sells.


3. What are you going to do to get my home sold?
I always tell sellers there are two different types of brokers. You should know that 95% of agents are passive. They will put your home on the MLS, stick a sign in the yard, and wait for business to come to them. An agent like myself, who is in the top 5%, is an active agent. An active agent is going to actively and aggressively market your home while talking to at least 42 different buyers each day who are looking for a home.

If you have any questions for me, don’t hesitate to give me a call. I would love to hear from you!

No comments :

Post a Comment